Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm learning...

We went over to Boz on Sun to check out the painting dept at Michaels. G wants to get some paint on canvas ans I decided that I want to learn to watercolor. As I wandered throughout the aisles full of stuff I am unsure how to use I realized that it might be in my best interest to learn how to draw before I begin to paint. Drawing is not one of my many skillz. Lucky for me my man took 4 years of drawing classes and is well equipt to show me the basics. So I left Michaels with just a sketch book and some pencils.
We ran into some beautiful MT spring weather on the way to Boz.

My perspective drawing lessons........I got better over the course of the evening I was getting better but then when I tried again last night it seems that I had forgotten all of the 'rules' that I was supposed to have imprinted into my memory and understanding. We are planning another 'art lesson' tonight.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you guys are SOOO cute! way to draw! you can give me a little lesson once you are an expert!

Unknown said...

oops - that was me - brooke, logged in as AW.

Jacqueline said...

Thought that was you Brooke. Expert.....IDK...I am struggling with anything more than a cube, and sometimes those don't even turn out right. lol