Wednesday, October 8, 2008

gold fishies

When I started my Internship I moved into a new office. I decided to decorate it since I would now have people other than myself and my boss in there. My clients would need a calming serene space that they would feel safe enough in to spill their guts.
Anyway, I decided to get a plant. I have no windows in my office so I knew this might be a challenge for me. The only plants that we have at the house are Jade plants. They do very well but only because they are sitting right in the windows. I have not had much luck with anything else. I went to the local flower shop to ask for some advise in what would live without any real light and was directed to this Goldfish plant. Which I was told would do fine in my office environment and have small little orange (gold) fish shaped blooms. The plant was super lush and healthy so I decided to give it a shot.
It soon began to die and loosing all of it's leaves. I was advised by my boss to put it out front by the window to see if it would revive. It is now doing better and even has some GOLDFISH!!! But, I am now afraid to bring it back into my office. At this point half of the plant is dead but I also don't want to disturb the roots that are still alive by pulling out what seems to be dead. To say the least it is not the best looking plant. Pretty bummed.
As you can see the middle of the plant is very much dead but I'm not sure how to deal with that so I am leaving it be?


No comments: