Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Odd morning

It is now pretty dark when I leave for work in the morning. It was a strange drive to town today. I was about 1 cm from taking out a German Shepard that lives down the road. He came tearing down a neighbors long angled driveway that is lined with tall grass and pretty much attacked my car just as I was passing. We both came to a skidding stop. Enough to put me in a bad mood for the day. As I carried on down to East River Road I did my best to get over my annoyance of those who have pets that run wild and out of control. You know if I had hit that dog it would have been my fault even though I had no control over over it's behavior. Just less than a mile before I hit Carters Bridge I saw more animals. For a second I thought they were deer; pretty typical sight. But they were much larger and darker. A group of cow elk who I am guessing had just crossed the road after a night of grazing a huge hay field and enjoying the crisp clean water in the river. They were on their way back into the high country for the day. I have NEVER seen elk down there that close to town before. I am taking it as a sign that even though that dog tried to ruin my day all will be alright.

No comments: