Sunday, September 20, 2009

That wait is over!!

I have been waiting patiently for 3 years to have a dining room table. There are ups and downs to dating a man who can design and build amazing things.... up: he can design and build amazing things... down: he doesn't really like anything that you might see in a store and because he designs things all day every day there is not much time left for personal design and build time. Thus...no dining room table for 3 years. At meal times you can find us hovering over the coffee table. And if we have guests; you can find us hovering over the coffee table ;) or eating at one of those long plastic folding tables. I am not sure why these options are better than buying a table but this I do not dare argue for it is an argument I will never win.
Last weekend Brooke and I saw a great old antique table at a community garage sale in Emigrant. We think that the table is perfect for the house but I hesitate to throw my money at something that is well, already designed and built. So I go home and think about it. He does sometimes like old things... I convince him to take me back to Emigrant on Sunday in hopes to find my table still there waiting for me and to also get a thumbs up. It was there' waiting for me so we strapped her in the back of the truck and headed back down the road. We decided to put a finish on it and it turned out BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't wait to use it... friends...come over and eat!!
Old antique 'treasure' table: $100
Minwax Antique Oil Finish: $10
A place to eat together and with guests: priceless

2 comments:

hub of the house said...

now you have to plan a get together!! congrats!

Brooke and Peter said...

i love it!!! so cute. i can't wait to have a fun dinner on it with you guys!