Friday, July 25, 2008

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...jam


So I set out last night to do my first bit of canning. I grew up with my mom and aunt canning veggis and making jams and such all of the time. But I had never done it myself. My bro gave me a canning set for my bday because I am planning on making salsa from all my goodies in the garden this year. My mom mentioned that she was going to get a flat of raspberries to make jam and I though I would give it a shot. Turn out......it isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I made 2 batches last night from the berries that we picked up at Farmers Market. I have to admit I am quite proud of myself. G said that he could design me a sweet label and we could get rich off the jams....selling them at Farmers Market with the rest of the yahoos. I told him that I had better come up with a recipe other than the one from the pectin package if we are going to sell the shit.

4 comments:

HeatherRenea said...

YUM! Um, i want to buy your jam...how much for shipping to NY ? :)

Jacqueline said...

You can pick some up when you come to MT.

Ashley said...

I was overdue for your blog! Floating the river and Farmer's Market! Some of the things I would enjoy if I moved back to the area. I think about what my life would be like if we moved back because we are pretty sure we'll be back in a couple years. The jam looks delicio-soooo!

hub of the house said...

way to be!!!