Thursday, July 10, 2008

Its a pretty big deal around here.

Oh, the 4th of July. How Livingston celebrates. It is almost as if it is our own little holiday. Generally more people come back here (home) over the 4th than any other holiday.......even xmas. There is much to do and many, many people partaking in all of it.
I was lucky enough to get to see some of my favorite old friends over the weekend. Some were missing but I will see them soon................;)
What parts of the 4th of July in Livingston, MT did I enjoy. The parade of course. The annual parade is at 3pm on the 2nd every year. It is really the kick off to the continual 3-4-5 day party (depending on what days of the week it all lands on). We start on the 2nd around here with a huge parade. Most business' choose to just shut down when the parade starts. If they don't their employees will take the afternoon off anyway and probably not make it back to work. If they do.......you probably don't want them there if you get my drift.
The Livingston Roundup Rodeo (pro rodeo) runs the 2, 3, 4 followed by fireworks and much celebration. We hit up the rodeo on the 3rd this year.


After the rodeo and parade G and I had all that we could handle of the festivities and spent the rest of the weekend in the mountains and on the ranch.

Saturday morning we got up early and headed up the South Fork of Deep Creek. It is a trail that runs parallel the the southern boundary of the property that we live on. So we jumped on the 4wheeler and bypassed about 1/2 mile by going up to the southeastern corner of the property and hopping over the fence. That put us right on the trail. We hiked about 3 1/2 miles up and climbed about 2,500 feet in elevation. We had to turn around when we lost the trail under snowpack. G is in much better shape that I am and He really pushes me to my limits. It is nice because he gets me to places that I would not ever make it to if it were on my own accord. But it really feels good to make it that far.................until a few days later. I was EXTREMELY sore. But it was totally worth it.

I HATE bug spray but it is a must.


3 comments:

HeatherRenea said...

:( I wish I could have come back for the 4th....you and Grif are soo cute!!

Brooke and Peter said...

great pics... you guys are so cute... :)

Ashley said...

Yay! The rodeo! I love Liv over the 4th. Missed you this year, but will see you very soon ;-)