Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Weekend Fun

I had a 3 day weekend full for things that I usually don't get to do. Saturday I spent the afternoon volunteering at the Livingston soup kitchen Loaves and Fishes with my Manaia group. We served 58 plates of yummy hot Sloppy Joes to some hungry and very nice people. Then I went to my cousin Alishas house. My other cuz Ruby and her bf Derrik were in town from Missoula. (Ruby and my little sis live together) Derrik brought his guitar hero game and I AM REALLY GOOD!!!!! Add guitar hero and whatever other game thing it is that you need to play guitar hero to my list of things that I want. Sunday was the Big Brothers Big Sisters 'Winter FUn Day' at Mountain Sky Guest Ranch up Big Creek in Paradise Valley. My tiny and I enjoyed snowshoeing and coloring and of course food and had a great time. The snow up there was a couple of feet deep at least and it was quite comical to watch the little kids try to tredge through it. Everyone had a really great time. I also did a couple of rund down the drift and back on my xc skiis. Grif went to Point of Rocks on Sunday to look for rocks. (We just got a vibrating flat lap polisher.....tell you about that later, very exciting) Then we had a nice dinner at Rib and Chop after we both got home. I did not work on Monday. (Presidents Day) Grif of course did work. He had to go on a site visit to a project up the west boulder so I went with him to check it out. It is a beautiful little guest cabin (900-1,000 sq/ft) near a main house that sits RIGHT on the river. So we had a nice afternoon drive in the company truck and got to check out all the places back there and talk. Now back to work today and off to do tobacco compliance checks all throughout Madison County. Long drive but beautiful country.

No comments: