Wednesday, March 19, 2008

2008 spring/summer/fall goals

I have set some personal goals for myself that I will be working towards through the spring, summer, and fall of this year.

Goal #1:
Be more competent with guns. I don't necessarily need to be ready to take down an animal this fall but I want to feel confident and sure of myself when handling guns. And I want those around me to feel safe when I am armed. I have started by spending last Saturday at the gun range with G shooting 120 rounds with my bros .22. I signed myself up for hunters safety which starts March 31. I realize that I do not have to take this class and will most likely be surrounded by little kids but I will feel much better about handling guns if I take this class. Can't hurt right? I also am feeling like I am ready to own my very own gun. I can't use Keegans forever and if I am making this a goal of mine I need to be able to achieve it on my own. I have been looking and I have a pretty good idea of what I want. I am going to start out with a .22. Can't go wrong there. Gofers..............watch out!!
Goal #2:
While maintaining my immense fear of the river I would like to be a little more brave and get to a place that I trust myself more in the water. The waders and boots are helping with this already.
Goal #3:
I want to be a fly fisher woman. G had agreed to teach me and I asked for the gear from my dear old dad and step mom for my bday. I grew up fishing but not fly fishing. I really can't wait to catch my first fish on a fly rod.

I always welcome the warm weather with open arms but having set these goals for myself has really given me spring fever.
So check in with me and hold me accountable.

1 comment:

Brooke and Peter said...

i will help you in any way I can!!! We can fish together, shoot together, float the river and swim together... I here for you girl!